The Home Care Clinical Liaison- Registered Nurse will work with referral sources, current staff, current patients and candidates to ensure high standards of patient care while positively representing the eKidz brand. Ideal candidate will have two years of home care discharge planning experience. Experience in sales, nursing assessment, home care planning and problem solving skills. Background in clinical with pediatrics.
In this position you will be the liaison to build referral base by seeking referrals. You will work with the management team to develop a clearly defined mission and report regularly. Develop and maintain rapport with, but not limited to, physicians, case managers, social workers and patients.
- Assist with the intake process from referral sources that include, but not limited to, hospitals, short-term facilities, long-term facilities, rehabilitation facilities, insurance providers, patient care givers, and patients.
- Facilitates the transfer of patients from hospital to home care services by establishing and maintaining relationships with referring hospitals; consulting with nursing, social services, hospital business office, physical and occupational therapy, and other support services.
- Resolves patient care issues by working one-to-one with Patient Care Managers to standardize patient home care assessments; collecting relevant information; conferring with co-caregivers; assessing patient home-care needs.
- Educates hospital nursing team by attending nursing team meetings; providing orientation/in-service programs concerning home care intake coordination and hospital relations; providing input relating to clinical concerns for individual patients.
- Provides information by responding to queries of hospitals, attending physicians and their practice staffs; sorting and distributing messages and documents; answering questions and requests; preparing information for patient transfer; preparing statistical reports related to referral and intake activities from assigned hospitals; maintaining databases.
- Keeps hospital and attending physician informed of patient status by monitoring and reporting home care services rendered and/or modified; monitoring home care progress; documenting emergency department episodic illness care visits; following-up on out-patient reports, and other patient information; anticipating additional home care services needed, i.e., infusion therapy, wound therapy, physical therapy, psychiatric care and/or other specialty programs.
- Establishes hospital home care policies and procedures by consulting to hospital staff; providing state-of-the-art thinking in home care policies and procedures; facilitating focus groups; surveying public opinion; positioning the agency to serve the hospital constituency.
- Improves quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing home care procedures and patient progress; recommending changes in home care and out-patient services.
- Serves and protects the home care agency by adhering to professional standards, home care policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and professional and licensing standards.
- Contributes to home care program effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of action; implementing directives.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances home care agency (service) reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Must be a Registered Nurse (BSN preferred) for a minimum of 2 years, Current PA Nursing License
- Bachelor's Degree or Master’s Degree preferred or equivalent experience
- One to two years pediatric experience preferred
- 2 years Community Health Nurse Experience preferred.
- Excellent assessment, written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Knowledge of HHA/Medicare regulatory guidelines for acceptance of patients to home care.
- Valid driver license and available transportation.
- Documented satisfactory references from employers and/or professional peers.
- *All other requirements regarding Background Screening, References, Verification, etc. as described in the ePeople “Hiring Policy and Procedure”.
If you are not a fit for this position but want to be considered for another position, please do not apply to this ad. Instead apply at http://ekidzcare.com/corporate-jobs/