The Registered Nurse Supervisor will be responsible for oversight of ongoing patient care needs and supervision of all professional, direct ancillary services, and personnel who provide direct patient care. This individual will be completing patient assessments and coordinating/implementing patient’s plan of care. The Registered Nurse Supervisor is expected to establish and conduct an ongoing quality assurance program and remain in compliance with all federal, state, local, and company standards as they pertain to delivery of homecare services.
Duties and responsibilities
- Hiring, orienting, and evaluating all new employees, and assisting in appropriate assignment of duties to all who provide direct patient care.
- Performing competency and skills evaluations on all employees who provide direct patient care
- Identifying, planning, and implementing staff development for direct care employees, such as orientations, in-services, continuing education, and ongoing competency/skills evaluations
- Directly or indirectly (through qualified subordinates) supervising all personnel who provide direct in-home patient care
- Evaluating and documenting whether HHA services are being delivered in an acceptable manner, consistent with policies/procedures and all regulations that dictate this level of care
- Ensuring that all direct care staff are performing their job duties appropriate to their job descriptions and EPeople Health Care standards
- Development and presentation (or by designee) of annual employee performance evaluations for all direct care staff
- Coordination with staffing/schedulers to assure appropriate placement of staff per specific patient needs
- Performing or supervising all clinical care and services that are provided to patients and families admitted to EPeople Health Care
- Assuring that the initial Home Conference and subsequent visits for assessments, planning, delivery, and evaluation of patient care, is performed by a trained registered nurse
- Initiating, developing, implementing, evaluating and updating as necessary all patient plans of care
- Obtaining and documenting verbal physician orders in the patient’s medical record (patient chart)
- Informing the physician and all involved employees of changes in the patient’s condition and needs
- Preparing, coordinating, and submitting clinical and progress note documentation on delivered services within required time frames
- Performing or supervising all care and services to patients per physician orders within specified timeframes per PA state regulations
- Providing case management and submitting clinical and progress note documentation on delivered services within required timeframes
- Provide information on community resources to patients and families as needed
- Educating and/or supervising the teaching of household members who are responsible for and competent to assist with patient’s nursing or personal care needs
- Documenting actions taken when services are unacceptable/complaints are received
- Maintaining accurate and complete patient, employee, and company records, assuring compliance with federal state, local and company policies and procedures as they pertain to the delivery of patient care and services.
- Serving as Alternate Administrator as directed by company management (Administrator/CEO)
- Designating a qualified RN to serve as acting Nursing Supervisor in supervisor’s absence
- Assisting with planning and budgeting
- Participating in the establishment of new or updating current policies and procedures as necessary to remain compliant and assure quality of care
- Providing and /or ensuring 24-hour RN availability for clinically related patient care issues
- Functioning within the scope of practice as defined by the PA Nurse Practice Act
- Assuring that all direct care staff is functioning with the scope of practice for their specific discipline per the PA Scope of Practice
- Ensure that confidentiality of patient data is maintained at all times
- Establish and conduct and/or assist CQI Coordinator (if applicable) with ongoing chart reviews and quarterly CQI audits per EPeople Health Care policies and procedures.
- Selective program evaluations are made to improve deficient services and plans of correction are developed and implemented as determined
- Evaluation and assurance of appropriate case assignment and management, adequate and consistent care in accordance with patient care plans, medical regimen, and patient needs
- Evaluation and assurance that nursing and other services are coordinated, appropriate, adequate and consistent with patient care plans and standards of practice
- Assure that all services and outcomes are completely and legibly documented, date, and signed in the patient medical record
- Findings of the CQI audits are analyzed and utilized to make necessary improvements in service
- Supporting sales/marketing/recruitment efforts of EPeople Health Care as determined by the Administrator
- Performing other responsibilities as assigned by management.
- Must be a Registered Nurse (BSN preferred) for a minimum of 2 years, Current PA Nursing License
- Bachelor's Degree or Master’s Degree preferred or equivalent experience
- One to two years pediatric experience preferred
- One year of home care experience preferred
- Six months minimum of supervisory, management, administrative experience - in a home Health Care setting preferable
- CPR certified, instructor certification preferred
- Valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation
- Documented satisfactory references from employers and/or professional peers.
- *All other requirements regarding Background Screening, References, Verifications, etc. as described in the Epeople “Hiring Policy and Procedure”. Additionally, Child Line Clearances and FBI fingerprinting per company policy – in accordance with section 6344 of the CPSL.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Good employee and customer relation skills (internal and external customers)
- Ability, flexibility and willingness to learn and grow as the company expands and changes
- Computer and technological aptitude in regards to new modalities for patient care/documentation
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, organized work habits, and detail-orientation
- Demonstrated leadership with ability to initiate and delegate duties as required
- Ability to multi-task. Able to prioritize, plan, organize, evaluate, manage multiple responsibilities in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of governmental rules and regulations as they pertain to home Health Care services
- Desire to lead by example, modeling mission and standards of company, while conducting all business activities in a professional and ethical manner
Work environment would require interaction with various departments and divisions within EPeople Health Care (ie: Accounting, HR, Staffing), State/Federal Agencies, insurance companies and CMS, as well as the patients, family members and possibly other providers within the home environment. While performing the duties of this job, individual will being working in a general office setting, and may be required to travel by automobile and occasionally by airplane. Might require some overnight travel. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, walk, reach with hands and arms, twist, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Regularly required to use hands, talk and hear. Specific vision abilities include close, peripheral, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Must be able to travel to businesses, offices, or patient homes or where conditions may be adverse due to weather, environment, or patients’ lifestyles
If you are not a fit for this position but want to be considered for another position, please do not apply to this ad. Instead apply at http://ekidzcare.com/corporate-jobs/