Individual Plans – Available for all full-time employees after 30 days, when eligible. Plans must be selected through the Gravie healthcare marketplace which allows the employee to choose the insurer and plan that works best for them. Examples of insurers in Pennsylvania include UPMC, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, etc.
Wellness & Preventative Care (MEC) — All internal employees are enrolled in this complimentary program after 30 days of employment. This wellness and preventative plan covers flu shots, birth control, GYN annual visits, etc. This plan is provided through Gravie and an in-network provider that accepts the coverage is required.
Supplemental Benefits — Supplemental benefits are available for all internal employees and are offered through AFLAC and Colonial Life. These cost-effective plans are paid via a payroll deduction.
Optional Benefits include:
- Short-term Disability
- Life Insurance – whole and term policies
- Accident Policy
Provided through Paychex Benefits, the eKidzCare 401(k) plan enrolls eligible employees in a contribution retirement plan.
Paid Time Off
Paid Time Off (PTO) is available to all internal employees to accrue after their first 90 days of employment. PTO is accrued monthly. As the length of employment increases, the PTO increases in the following increments.
- New hires will receive three (3) days of paid time off after completing their 90-day probationary period and will continue earning one (1) day per month until they have reached their first anniversary.
- One year: One (1) day per month for a total of 12 days
- Two years: 1.25 days per month for a total of 15 days
- Three years: 1.50 days per month for a total of 18 days
- Four years: 1.75 days per month for a total of 21 days
- Five years: 1.75 days per month, plus 1 day for their anniversary and 1 day for their birthday for a total of 23 days
- Ten years: 2 days per month, plus 1 day for their anniversary and 1 day for their birthday for a total of 26 days
- .5 days per month with a total of 6 days to be earned
Other Updates within the Policy includes:
- Employees will be permitted to roll over up to 40 hours per year of earned paid time off
- Employees will be permitted to request paid time off in half-hour increments (this replaces the previous flex time rule)
If you need a copy of the full policy, please contact the Human Resources Department
If the position includes on-call, they will earn on-call PTO, please refer to the On-Call/Volunteer PTO policy for more details.
Paid Holidays — eKidzCare offers paid holidays for internal staff on the following dates/holidays.
- New Year’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- The Day After Thanksgiving (Black Friday)
- Christmas Day
Early Dismissal 2022 — In addition to paid holidays, eKidzCare offers early dismissal days throughout the year. These dates include the following.
- The Day Before Thanksgiving (Wednesday)
- Christmas Eve
- New Year’s Eve
eKidzCare office hours are Monday through Thursday, from 8am to 4:30pm, and Fridays 8am to 4pm. Weekend work is not required unless a position specifies after hours or emergency line work.
All eKidzCare employees are eligible for a discount on Verizon Wireless plans. Discount information can be found here and is not available for unlimited plans.
GCU Tuition Discount
All eKidzCare employees are eligible for a 10% discount off of tuition when enrolled in any program/major at Grand Canyon University. Contact HR for additional details.
eKidzCare is a subsidiary of ePeople Healthcare, LLC. All benefits information provided by ePeople Healthcare, dba eKidzCare.
All benefits are subject to change and may require additional credentials or financial contributions. Full details for benefits are provided upon employment.